Sunday 1 January 2012

Christmas and New Year's!

Happy New Year everyone!

Here's hoping it isn't the end of the world this year, as the Mayans said! Having that, I won't ask for anything else.

I just thought I'd do one thing today: to list the books I got over the holidays (since I get my books in large chunks at a time, I find IMM wouldn't suit me). So here goes:

Fantasy

Non-Fantasy YA
General and Classical Fiction
I've still got a whole host of things to read from 2011 (mostly novels left unread from my Birthday), and I have a friend I'm seeing soon and we've got gifts to exchange. So I might have more. But I hinted at him getting me Tolkien so just assume I got more Tolkien too!

I considered making resolution, but I rather dislike doing that. I can't stick to them beyond February, and though I'll try and change little things, I don't want to make huge commitments. I'll try to post a review at least weekly (I'm sorry, I can't manage much more!) and I'll be installing a daily hour of reading in future.

Happy Reading for the New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy The Book Thief. Can't put how amazing that book was into words.

    And you should still participate in the IMM fun! You could do something like me-I feature one book that I've bought but haven't read yet each week. I narrate each video as the book in question, explaining (to myself) why I should actually read the piece. It's good fun indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. It's supposed to be something really special. You do? I've only really just followed you (well, maybe since Sunday) when I followed about 4 new blogs. I'll seek out your IMM post and see how you do it. What you're doing sounds like a marvellous idea though! It's probably a good way to stay engaged in the books and look forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to find out as much about China as I could. But that China is only my China. Not any China I can read about. It's the China that sends messages just to me. It's not the big yellow expanse on the globe, it's another China. Another hypothesis, another supposition. In a sense, it's a part of myself that's been cut off by the word China. Flights to kuala lumpur
    Cheap Flights to kuala lumpur
    Cheap Air Tickets to kuala lumpur

    ReplyDelete