Sunday 23 October 2011

October Readathons

First off, congratulations to anyone who took part in the recent readathon. I considered taking part, but I knew I had to do other things yesterday and couldn't possibly join. I wished I had now, but it's too late to mope.

However, to make up for this, I am going to take part in a week long read-a-thon from the 24th to 30th October; which means it starts tomorrow! I'm kind of nervous since I've never tried reading like this before, and I've decided that I am allowed (on this one occasion) to use older books if I need a safer read to get me reading again and bolster my stats.

(You can find it here if you wish to take part or merely want to satisfy your curiosity).

How I'm going to do this:

  • I'll probably do a master post per day rather than having one post spanning eons of internet time. Frankly, no one wants to load a screen like that.
  • In a similar fashion, I will also try to have an aim of what to read each day. I think I'll say a book and a half for Monday to Friday, and then 2 (maybe three) books on each Saturday and Sunday. I expect to read at least a book a day, but I'll hopefully read 11 over the entire week. I guess it depends what books I choose. It'll probably be a mix of classics and YA/Fantasy.
  • I am actually busy 10-5 from Monday to Friday (with another 2 hours or so on Friday evening) so the posts will likely go up late, at least at GMT time. Also, I'm going to see a show on Tuesday so that will slow things a bit too!
  • I'm not going to make myself do this. If I don't want to read, I won't. Instead I'll hop around the blogs, get a snack or go the cinema to try and make myself want to go out again. I'm kind of weak, but I also like to achieve goals so I'm wondering how this will play out.
I've never done one of these things before to any tips, comments or perhaps even a parlour joke to lighten the mood would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment